Sunday, November 16, 2014

Estonia and Sweden

Tallinn, Estonia
A three hour ferry ride took us from Helsinki to Tallinn, Estonia. We had a pretty long walk to the hostel. Jess, Madison and I got a dinner recommendation from the hostel (Monk's Bunk) staff. We went to Vapiano's Italian Restaurant, where I was blessed with a "Toscano" pizza. :) We didn't do any exploring that night. But the next day we took a free walking tour and hit up the town hall for some elk soup! 

Birds of a feather

Kiek in de Kok Tower

A church that was supposed to become an atheist museum,
but became a medieval art museum instead.

I got this wolf shirt in Finland

Estonia has been independent for only 23 years.

Our hilarious guide


Tallin Town Hall


Catherine's Passageway

Varnu Gates

Since I forgot to bring shoes that were water proof/resistant,
I wore grocery bags over my feet to keep them dry and warm.
The boat from Estonia to Stockholm was somewhat eventful... I had my first bar experience! Yep. Because in Europe you don't have to be 21! Mwahaha. So my group and I hit up the bar for some good ole' virgin mojitos. To be honest, I did not know what I was getting when I ordered a "mojito." It was just fun to say so I ordered it.... but fate smiled upon me. It was soda with lime and mint leaves. Delicious, but not worth the price to get it again. :) 

Eagerly awaiting our drinks

Jess got hers first

Mojito mojito mojito

Stockholm, Sweden
We scored with our hostel location. Anedin Boat Hostel is a retired cruise ship docked on the waterfront in Gamla Stan (old town) Stockholm! Although we took a wrong turn getting off the ferry so it took us an hour to get there instead of 20 minutes... Not a big deal though. It started to get dark around 2.30 3.00 ish. WHAAAT?! Yeah, we're that far north. But no worries, Stockholm is just as pretty at night. :)

The Royal Palace 






SUCH GOOD MEXICAN FOOD.
Taco Bar, you made our day. :) 


More to come!

-Paul



No comments:

Post a Comment